china edition
 

 

Wuhan - Qingchuan Pavilion

Hubei - Jingzhou - Shiyan - Wuhan - Yichang

Qingchuan PavilionLocated at the east foot of Guishan (Tortoise Hill) on the north side of the Yangtze River, facing the Yellow Crane Tower, Qingchuan (Sunny Valley) Pavilion was first established during the Ming dynasty between 1522 and 1567 and has been restored in 1983.

Also known as the Qingchuan Building, the pavilion is made mainly with wood and stone, though glass and metal have been used for the windows and doorframes.

The pavilion has an impressive geographical location and the ingenious structure of the building has been praised by numerous literary figures over the years.