china edition
 

 

Nanjing - Linggusi

Jiangsu - Lianyungang - Nanjing - Suzhou - Wuxi - Yangzhou - Zhenjiang

Linggusi (Soul Valley Temple) was originally Kaishansi, an ancient temple of Liang dynasty, which was moved here in early Ming when Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum was built. The large temple with a lot of halls was badly damaged in the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom (1851-1864) period.

The present temple was built in 1867 in the Qing dynasty. Some relics of Master Monk Xuanzang are shrined in a sandalwood dagoba in Master Monk Xuanzang Memorial Hall.